Sunday, June 28, 2009

Memories...

Let me just start by saying the wedding is one week closer and I am still overwhelmed with details, details and more details. I am rapidly becoming a fan of the small, at home wedding in the front parlor, with a brunch right after the wedding and the couple riding off into the sunset. Yeah! that would do it. However, since that is not what is about to occur, I will suck it up and make the best plans I can and hope that God isn't laughing too hard.

As I am researching, planning, buying, organizing, I have started going through old photos to find some of the bride in her younger years, I have come upon some truly wonderful memories. I think digital photography is wonderful, but I must say, that since it is so easily manipulated, I find old fashioned photos to be my favorites. For one moment, time stops, frozen in its march to eternity. No one changes it, no one has to remember each detail, because they are all there in the photograph. I love the old videos too. The giggles of my children running around the yard on Mother's Day, or helping Dad fix the car by running off with the tools, the Christmas mornings and Eves, the ordinary "Oh let's take a picture" moments, cannot be replaced. Which one of my family will forget the video of Maddock chasing Donald Duck around the place at Disney World or Carolin's dance recitals? The sweet face of our camera shy Christina trying to stay out of the frame. The photos of friends old and new from our twenty plus years of Christmas Eves are invaluable to us. The videos of our family singing to Gavin when he still sat in his high chair to the tune of "Sherrie, Baby" (only we sang Gavin, baby), the birthdays, the parties, the picnics, the costumes, the memories go on and on. The millions of memories created as a family lives together, learns together, makes mistakes together and grows up together. Oh! I am thankful for those pictures...but more importantly, I am thankful for the family!

When I figure out how, I am going to post of few of the old photos...just you wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment