Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday Night

Something unanticipated has occurred...this has happened before but never before has it struck me quit like this. I have a night off. Now I am not saying I am alone because three twenty somethings are down in my family right now watching Transformers. But I don't have to pick anyone up, take anyone anywhere, sit in the car in one of the hundreds of parking lots I have sat in during my lifetime waiting for kids to get out of whatever they were into. I ate my dinner, folded some laundry, and read my book all without being disturbed. This, in and of itself, is disturbing.



Wait, never mind, the 18 year old just called. "Mom I forgot to bring your credit card home before we went out. I'll just leave it in the car and bring it home to you later." I don't think so. So much temptation and so little supervision...into the car for a trip to Lancaster.



Life is changing all the time, right now we are in the Pre-Empty Nester period. They are not quite independent (see credit card reference above) and not quite gone, but they are looking out the door. As the last of five kids these two can see the trail their siblings have blazed before them. I am not sure they are all that happy about being completly independent. I mean times are tough and having Mom and Dad pay most of the bills has some appeal. Let's face it, it has a lot of appeal. For the moment though I am happy having a dinner to myself once in a while it will just take some getting used to.n Now where is that book?????

No comments:

Post a Comment